START A GIRLS RUGBY PROGRAM
Girls Rugby is working to provide opportunities for girls to join the game of rugby across the U.S. We are expanding and looking for new locations to start programs. Ultimately we want to make sure that rugby is accessible to young girls everywhere. If you are interested in starting a program in your area, review the following steps:
STEP 1: Locate a Program
If you’re unsure if there is a Girls Rugby program near you, please visit our Locations page to find locations in your state.
STEP 2: Start a Program
If no program currently exists in your area and you are interested in starting a program, please review our Program Checklist to make sure you are ready to apply.
New Program Checklist
- Program Coordinator – We are looking for a passionate, motivated individual who can take charge of developing a new program. This individual will be responsible for marketing and promotions, as well as logistics of managing each program/league. Positions are seasonal and part-time.
- Locations & Logistics – When starting new programs, it is important to identify field locations, including costs and availability, and determine timing of seasons. While all of these logistics do not need to be finalized for your interest application, the more details already figured out, the better.
- Interested Girls – Starting a new program depends primarily on the girls that sign up and register. We want to make sure that we have enough initial interest to start. In order to keep a program sustainable, a minimum of 25 registered girls is required for the first season. Please provide information about the areas you are targeting and any initial interest you may have already generated e.g. schools, community groups, etc.
- Sustainable Capital – Programs have many costs to cover and when starting and sustaining a program, we are looking for this capital to help cover the costs of a Program Coordinator, equipment, marketing materials, field-rentals, and other administrative fees on an annual basis. This capital can come from any individual/group or can be raised through sponsorship and fundraising. Girls Rugby will provide assistance with sponsorship proposals. Potential sponsors must be approved in advance by Girls Rugby.
- Coaches & Referees – The lifeblood of our programs are the coaches and referees who facilitate practices and games throughout the seasons. We want to ensure that we have a stable foundation for new programs by having enough coaches and referees.
STEP 3: Apply to Start a New Program
If you have reviewed the New Program Checklist and are ready and interested in starting a Girls Rugby Program, please fill out the New Program Interest Form and one of our Girls Rugby Team Members will follow up with more information.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.