FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR GIRLS RUGBY PROGRAMS
We want to make sure that every child that wants to participate in a Girls Rugby program has the opportunity to do so. We are trying to reduce as many challenges to participation as we can, including financial challenges. Girls Rugby has partnered with Every Kid Sports, a leading national non-profit organization that provides financial support to children of low-income families to pay youth sports registration fees. In an effort to remove the financial barriers that keep kids from playing, encourage the development of multi-sport participation and provide kids with the choice of sport they’d like to play, Girls Rugby will spread the word about the Every Kid Sports Pass in an effort to provide more children with the opportunity to play rugby.
The Pass removes financial barriers to youth sports participation by providing income-restricted families funding up to four times a year, per child, for participation in the sport of their child’s choice. Playing multiple sports exposes kids to greater physical literacy, better socialization, and greater enjoyment in being physically and emotionally active. It prepares them for a lifetime of activity, connection, and positive experiences. For more information or to learn more about Every Kid Sports please visit: www.everykidsports.org.
USING EVERY KID SPORTS
Applying for funding through Every Kid Sports is super easy and you can get all of the information you need from their website.
- Visit the Every Kid Sports website for information on their Every Kid Sports Pass.
- Ensure that you qualify for funding. Girls Rugby qualifies as a recreational program that lasts longer than 4 weeks for children aged 6-14. The only qualification needed from your side is that your child(ren) must be enrolled in Medicaid, SNAP, or WIC.
- Apply directly with Every Kid Sports for funding support with the correct documentation.
- Wait for your application to be approved (approx. 5-7 days). Receive your funding through a digital Chek Card.
- Register and sign up for the Girls Rugby program in your community and use your funding from Every Kid Sports to pay for your registration fees.
GIRLS RUGBY SCHOLARSHIPS
Girls Rugby offers scholarships for families needing financial assistance who do not qualify for Every Kid Sports Pass program. Girls Rugby offers scholarships of up to 50% off of registration fees and requires a scholarship application and supporting documentation for consideration.
To apply for a Girls Rugby Scholarship:
- Register your child for the Girls Rugby program in your community. Complete the entire registration process up until the payment page. Do not complete your registration payment at this time.
- You will see a link to apply for Girls Rugby scholarship at this point in the registration process.
- Complete the scholarship application with supporting documentation.
- A Girls Rugby representative will contact you to inform you of your application status.
- Once approved, you can log back into the Girls Rugby registration site and complete your payment.